Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Every Up Has a Down

Hello readers! This is my second blog, and do I have a lot to write about! So last week was my birthday. I turned 19! I feel so old. As Trinity University, if it is one’s birthday it is a tradition to be thrown in the fountain. I was the first birthday of my hall, so everyone was excited to throw me in. They all thought they were so clever in how this mischief took place. It was so easy to figure out; I mean who goes to Coates in packs of ten. The whole hall went to Coates to “get a snack,” right when we all walked up Cardiac Hill, I was lifted up on the shoulders to two of my hall mates. Do I need to carry on the story? I was marked to the fountain and thrown in. Also, not only was that the weekend of my birthday, but also there were some soccer games. My hall mates came to support me which was nice. My mom and dad drove down for my birthday, and that is always good. I love seeing them. It is time for me to share the love and talk the others in Second Floor Beze. Since my parents came down last weekend, they did not come down again this weekend for Parent’s Weekend. It was sad though seeing everyone else’s parents, but it brought a smile on everyone’s faces so that was nice. Like any upside, there is always a downside. For some of us this is first time seeing our parents, and let just say “Freshmen 15” is not a myth. All of the parents hinted to their daughter or son that they have “looked bigger,” but did not say the “F word:” fat. Morgan’s parents said, “We all need to go on a diet starting today.” Going on a diet was obviously the way to go. Everyone is helping each of us to loose weight. For the guys, loosing weight was there really on their mind, some wanted to stop smoking. John and Josh are currently trying to stop smoking. For all of us, not only do we have career goals in mind, but we have goals for the near future. I will keep you updated on the hall’s progress. Until next time, keep it classy. .

No comments:

Post a Comment